Walnuts and cranberries are a wonderful holiday flavor pairing. Give this wholesome cookie jar as a fun (and delicious) gift this season.
California Walnut Breakfast Cookie Gift Jar
Author: Grannie M
Recipe type: Snacks
Serves: 2 dozen
- Dry ingredients (layer into a glass jar):
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup instant skim milk powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1-3/4 cups quick-cooking oatmeal (not instant)
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup California Walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Additional ingredients listed on a gift tag or card:
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 can (14 oz.) crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 jar of cookie mix
- In a glass jar, layer the dry ingredients in the order they are listed. On a gift tag or card, list the additional ingredients and the following instructions.
- "In large mixing bowl, with electric mixer, cream butter and brown sugar until fluffy; beat in the vanilla. Next, stir in the crushed pineapple.
- In separate bowl, mix together the contents of the cookie mix from the jar until well combined. Add the dry ingredients into the pineapple mixture and stir until well combined.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto greased baking sheet. Bake in 350F oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking rack.
- Makes about 2 dozen large cookies."
The healthy benefits of walnuts.