REINDEER CUPCAKES…so easy & cute for Christmas! Fun! Fun hunting and eating.
These Reindeer Cupcakes are totally adorable. Rudolph really does have a very shiny red
- package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups water
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 24 miniature peanut butter cups
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- ⅔ cup heavy whipping cream
- ⅓ cup peanut butter
- Additional miniature peanut butter cups, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, peanut butter, oil and eggs; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups half full. Place a peanut butter cup in the center of each cupcake. Cover each with 1 tablespoonful batter.
- Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center of the cupcake comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Place chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Stir in peanut butter. Cool, stirring occasionally, to room temperature or until mixture reaches a spreading consistency, about 10 minutes.
- Spread over cupcakes; immediately sprinkle with additional peanut butter cups. Let stand until set. Yield: 2 dozen.
Apple Cake – Apple Season
This recipe was surprisingly good. Even my family who doesn’t like fruity desserts thought it was pretty good. I just used a regular Red Delicious apple for this recipe. Could be used for a breakfast snack also.
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup canola oil
1 egg white
1 1/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon No Iodine Salt
1/4 cup chopped apples; diced into 1/4 inch cubes
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Place in an 8×8 pan. Bake 350°F for 35-40 minutes. Serve warm.
Yield: 8 servings