REINDEER CUPCAKES…so easy & cute for Christmas! Fun! Fun hunting and eating.
These Reindeer Cupcakes are totally adorable. Rudolph really does have a very shiny red
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 cups finely chopped tart apples (about 2 medium)
- 1 cup finely chopped ripe pear
- ½ cup quartered seedless red grapes
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- Coat both sides of each tortilla with cooking spray. Combine the sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over broth sides of tortillas.
- Cut each into eight wedges. Place on baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 4-5 minutes or until crisp.
- Meanwhile, for salsa, in a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Serve with the cinnamon chips. Yield: 12 servings.
- Nutritional Analysis: One serving (1/2 cup salsa with 4 chips) equals 141 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 129 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, ½ fat.
- 16 seedless watermelon cubes (1 inch)
- ⅓ cup finely chopped cucumber
- 5 teaspoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- ½ to 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Using a small melon baller or measuring spoon, scoop out the center of each watermelon cube, leaving a ¼-in. shell (save pulp for another use).
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; spoon into watermelon cubes. Yield: 16 appetizers.
Wash 6-8 apples, then core and quarter.
Place the apples into a saucepan and cover with 1/4 cup water.
Bring to a simmer and cover until the apples have cooked to a mush.
Puree in a blender or with a food mixer and add sugar to taste.
Place in an airtight container and refrigerate.