Watermelon Cups Recipe Quick and Diabetic Friendly This lovely appetizer is almost too pretty to eat! Sweet watermelon cubes hold a refreshing topping that showcases cucumber, red onion and fresh herbs.
- 16 seedless watermelon cubes (1 inch)
- ⅓ cup finely chopped cucumber
- 5 teaspoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- ½ to 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Using a small melon baller or measuring spoon, scoop out the center of each watermelon cube, leaving a ¼-in. shell (save pulp for another use).
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; spoon into watermelon cubes. Yield: 16 appetizers.
Diabetic Exchange: Free food.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 7 Trans fat: trace Carbohydrates: 2g Sodium: 1mg Fiber: trace Protein: trace Cholesterol: 0